Join us starting May 14th at Saint Johns on the Lake for an exhibit featuring the intergenerational arts projects from 2014-2015's Creative Trust efforts. It has been an incredible year! The exhibit, coordinated by UWM Community Arts student Rebecca Ebsen, includes:
- The Islands of Milwaukee, a collaborative arts project between Sojourn Theatre, UWM's Anne Basting, and older adults living at home (partnered with Home Delivered Meals, Stowell Associates, and Interfaith Older Adult Programs).
- Stage Right Theatre - a new theater company run by Sammy Goodrich that creates original musicals with people with memory loss.
- TimeSlips - creative stories by people with memory loss, facilitated by UWM student volunteers.
- Moving Images - TimeSlips stories inspired by artwork at the 5 Milwaukee Museum Mile sites and performed at those sites during the MMM open house on May 3rd.
- Color Flow - a collaboratively created dance by residents at Saint John's on the Lake and UWM Dance students, inspired by paintings by Chai Point resident Doris Gendelman.
- Arlington Court Photo Project - facilitated by UWM Community Arts students.